Monday, September 8, 2008

Day Change, and Service Auction!!!!

We just had to wear matching ties today, didn't we!

We missed everyone yesterday, but hope you had an uplifting conference! I know it was great for me to hear the words of the Lord's servants. They really seemed to know what I needed to hear. Sister Dibb seemed to have a special insight into the lives of the Young Women she is serving. And I thought of all of you when Elder Uchtdorf challenged us to be "not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" (Romans 1:16) You are such amazing examples to others in your schools and neighborhoods.

Our activity this week is going to be on Wednesday, not Tuesday. We will meet at 7:00 at the church. We are going to be participating with the Relief Society for their service auction. And don't think that the only thing you have to offer is babysitting! You all have such great talents. Here are a few ideas:
Take pictures of someone, or their family, put them on a cd.
Teach a family a sport for family home evening,
print out a family home evening idea, and bundle it with the ingredients for a treat,
make a scrapbook page for someone,
make a few homemade cards-(these were fought over last year!)
offer to rake leaves, or weed for 1 hour,
make a craft, baby blanket, or baked item to auction,
Most of all, be creative, and let us see what YOUR talents are.
I can't wait to see what you all do If you need anymore help with ideas, call one of us, we would be glad to help you brainstorm.
Remember:
Let your life so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father, which is in heaven. (Mathew 5:16)


2 comments:

Brittney said...

Hey everybody!
(or just sis. spotts
'cuz nobody ever sees this thing anyway... SHAME ON YOU! This is AWESOME!!! Geez, people.)
Anyway, I got my braces OFF!!!
YES!!!
I feel so good...
And I look older somehow...
I Love it!!!

Hahaha,
Britt

Brittney said...

Wow...
This blog's time is off...
It's actually 12:37...
I'm just sayin'...