Sunday, September 28, 2008

Youth Conference!!!!



Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, all of those you came to youth conference! And those of you who were unable to make it we truly and sincerely missed you. I came home yesterday exhausted, but in the best possible way! I was filled to overflowing with the inspired words of our leaders, (thank you Brother Handy), with laughter, with "good wholesome recreation." I hope you were similiarly inspired.


Look in the hallway at church for a poster with some fun pictures of the events of the day. Here are a few more that I love! Sabrina looks great with dirt on her face!
Hah! Got you! (there are a few girls who are more than a bit camara shy, but don't worry, I can be sneaky!)

Sister Campbell and Sister Simpson worked so hard! I hope they got to take a nap today!


The quilt was tons of fun. I couldn't believe how into it the guys got. Go Guys!
Sorry Shay, I didn't mean to thread the needle with 22 feet of yarn!
The latest in fashionable masks!

The Bishop really got into Human Fooseball !!!!




Throughout the day I was struck by the fact that we really have friends here in the ward. People who care about you, people who want you to succeed. It reminded me of the scripture in 2 Kings, where Elisha walks into the midst of his enemies. His servant was appalled, and asked, "What shall we do?"




16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Don't you think the same is true for us today? I think if we could really see those who are with us we would be amazed. Not to mention leaders, parents, friends, and other members of the church. I am thankful for all of you, and the chance I get to be with you.




Remember, there is an activity this tuesday, at 7pm at the church. I know sister Backman is working hard to plan a great night! Anyone who would be able to is welcome to come at 6 and help us serve the scouts by setting up for their banquet.




The Blog is now active, you can get there by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page. Brittney has left me some comments, she makes me laugh. Let me know what else you want to see on the blog. There are some great links, and ideas for activities, personal progress, church magazines, ect.

Here is a copy of todays handout. The photographer has other great pictures of Temples. Click on the picture to see them.

Have a great Monday at school.


1 comment:

Brittney said...

You know, it's no fun talking to myself all the time. I wanna leave comments, mostly because it's fun, but it is no fun when nobody else does. I'm starting to feel stupid.